Tstat10 Peer to Peer sharing

Is there any chance that peer to peer information exchanges between Tstat10 devices (without the need for a T3) is in the works?

Thank you,

Jim

1 Like

Tstat10 has this capability now. They have all the functionality of the T3 contorllers and can share info over the network transparently. I hope our documentation is clear about this… if not you can let me know what you were reading and we’ll fix it.

1 Like

Maurice,

Unless there has been a firmware release since 05/08 for the Tstat10, it does not have the capability to share information directly with another Tstat10. I believe Chelsea also said this could not be done at this device level. Here is the response I’m getting when I check my network points…

Thank you,

Jim

1 Like

This is news to me, Chelsea will fix it at once. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

TSTAT10 can only be used as a controller when communicating over wifi, which is similar to T3.

1 Like

Chelsea will work on this. I really thought we had this all along but evidently not.

1 Like

Peer to peer network data sharing has been added in the latest firmware rev65.2. Tstat10 can pass network points transparently to other devices on the RS485 subnet just like the T3-BB series can do over IP networks.

1 Like

Chelsea,

This upgrade to the Tstat10 is huge! Looking forward to trying it out.

Thank you,

Jim

1 Like

Good morning Chelsea,

I did not see the 65.2 firmware listed on the ftp site.

Thank You,

Jim

Already put it to FTP, you can update it now.

FTP is manually maintained and sometimes a little out of date. Whereas the T3000 → help → update version, this is always the latest version. Use that first choice. Thanks Jim.

1 Like

I have the following configuration:
Tstat10 wifi, firmware 6.52, panel ID 1, MODBUS RTU1, Modbus master at 115200baud
T3_BB, firmware 65.1,Panel ID 2, MODBUS RTU 2, Modbus slave at 1152000 baud
Both Tstat10 and T3_BB can be accessed via T3000 over the 485 port verifying communication
Value of var12 in BB is set manually to 80
1 line program in Tstat10 10 VAR12 = 2VAR12
VAR12 in the Tstat10 does not duplicate the value of var12 in the T3_BB

Show us you network settings dialogs, maybe I can pick something up from that. Also the network communications dialog, there’s a page for viewing the network points. And another dialog showing the number of packets.

Here are the network settings:

Network health is unavailable for the RS485 port
Here are the network points and variables

I expanded the program slightly with a few morevariables, but it is functionally equivalent
This may be an unrelated issued but the RS485 network actually has 3 devices on it. The T3000 software can only see the Tstat10 with wifi via the wifi port and the devices on the rs485 network can only be found by the magnifying glass search if wired individually. All three 485 devices have distinct panel ids and rtu numbers.

Please comfirm Whether MSTP ID of T3-BB is 2
And VAR12,VAR14,VAR22, etc., must be set to analog range. If range is no used, it cannot be read.

Changed the units of Var12-23 in Tstat10 to deg F. matching those in T3-bb
No change

Could have some communications loop or… not sure. Chelsea will study this and report back shortly. Tstat10 peer to peer over RS485 feature was added recently. This is different than the wifi connection over IP which I believe was active long ago.

I have no way of testing this but I believe there may be an internal conflict between the WIFI port on the Tstat10 and the RS485 port. When I initially power up the Tstat10 and T3 both can be accessed using the T3000 search function via the ethernet port on the Tstat10. After several hours neither can. The Tstat10 still appears active when I scan my network using advanced ip scanner but does not respond to a magnifier glass search.

1 Like

It must be corrected that the Peer-to-peer function must be accessed using instance.

Thank you. Using the Bacnet ID and not the panel number was the key. I have found another small issue. I setup a quick program to copy a dozen registers between units. It appears that the last value was a duplicate of the 11th not the value of the 12th. Reading a 13th register caused the correct value to be placed in the 12th value.