Network Points

Need a little help…

I’m trying to get a T3-TB-11i to read points from a couple of Tstat10’s. They are all on the same [main] MSTP network (1). The TB is panel 1, addr 11. Tstat10 #1 is panel 2, addr 112. Tstat10 #2 is panel 3, addr 113. Even though I’m trying to read IN9, the Network page indicates IN8. Doesn’t really matter, no value is presented.

Chelsea will check into this for you, thanks.

Can you show me your program code?
According to what you described, you should use instance of Tstat10.
Supposed the instance of Tstat10 is 12345, we can write program code like below.
10 VAR1 = 12345AI9

Chelsea, we should be able to just go

VAR1 = 2IN1

This is supposed to work over Ethernet and also over RS485. If it doesn’t we need to get us there. This is the basic most basic feature of Temco products.

Chelsea,

My program code is as follows:
10 VAR16 = 205675IN9

Although the use of instance ID’s is not mentioned in any of the programming literature it doesn’t matter. Using the instance ID did not work either.

Thank you,

Jim

Chelsea,

I’m trying to share information between RTU Test and Tstat10 112 with the T3. All communication is via rs485 (bacnet).
This is what my network looks like…

image.png

Thank you,

Jim Johnson

If you use instance, you should change it to AI.
10 VAR16 = 205675AI9

Chelsea,

I already have it that way

Jim

Chelsea,

I apologize. I’ll try that shortly

Jim

Chelsea,

This is what I have, still does not work.
image.png

VAR15REF is the name I have given Variable 15

Thank you,

Jim

Can you check network points table?

or you can send me anydesk ID by email, i can check it remotely.
chelsea@…

Not sure I am understanding correctly here but one thing to watch out for is to steer away from labels which might look like a keyword. The T3000 environment may be misinterpreting this label at Tab1 as a bacnet analog input object on device instance 20567. Call the variable something like TESTVAR or other character based label at Tab2.

Chelsea,

As per your request…

The controller I’m using to read the remote points is below

The one’s I’m trying to read from are below

Thank you,

Jim

Is your MSTP communication showing good health? You can check the status line at the bottom left of T3000.
Also check the status of the network points table, you can see the network points and the current value.
Or send me your anydesk ID by email
chelsea@…

Chelsea,

What time were you thinking of getting on line with my desktop (EST). At this point I will make myself available whenever.
I don’t know if this would affect the operation but the two Tstat10’s that I’m using have two different panel and bacnet addresses but the mac address is the same.

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Jim Johnson

Definitely having duplicate MAC ids is going to cause trouble. T3000 should be giving you a warning dialog and suggesting a new MAC id actually. Please do change them and send on a few sceen shots if you could. The communications health down at the bottom left of the T3000 screen is helpful.

Definitely this MAC address which is the bacnet MSTP address, it must be unique or there will be communications errors.

T3000 is supposed to give you an error message and suggest a new MAC id when a conflict is detected. We do have this already for the main ethernet network but evidently not on the MSTP RS485 subnet. Chelsea will make sure that T3000 is smartened up to do this.

It’s a little strange… The Mac address for the two Tstst10’s are identical when you hover over them on the system tree but are different when you look at the configuration. Regardless, I don’t think it is an issue since I removed one of the Tstat10’s from the network and the data transfer still does not work. Getting frustrated at this point because it’s holding up progress on the job

Thanks

Jim

I will set up a test tomorrow to repeat your situation, LB and TSTAT10 both using the same firmware as your setup and will report back ASAP.