T3000 Database Backend

Here we explain the database behind the T3000 system and how to work with it. This is a background project I have had in mind from my days as a project estimator and general commissioning guy to speed up the project workflow and reduce data re-entry. Its a work in progress but this is a great first step I am proud to finally show off.

Below is a brief description of the database, next we will show how to sync that data to the controllers.

Project Roadmap:
We’ll be rolling out a library system for your applications soon, plus opening up data flows to cloud services and more.

1 Like

Traditionally all the system data for the controllers has been stored in a ‘prog’ file, one file for each controller which contains all the naming of the IO and variables, the programming and so on. This is a binary file which is only useful from within the T3000 application. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could get at all that data in the T3000 system from an external system like Excell or Microsoft Access? This would let you read & write data from the internal systems and applications you already use at your company. Now that data from the project quote you have already done can be used in the building controllers without re-entering everything.

1. When you create a new Building project and select it as the current building, T3000 will create a new db on your hard disk in the corresponding directory of T3000 software. There is one db for each building no matter how many controllers there are in the system.

1. You can right click and Add Virtual Device, For example, we added a device named T3-BB-1000194(VD)image

1. Select the virtual device (T3-BB-1000194(VD)), or select the online device in the network (FanduT3BB_IP122)

2. Now you can type in your data for the inputs, outputs, variables, programs and so on. Everything the controllers need to do its job is stored in this database, even the PIDs, schedules, holidays and network settings.

3. You can also edit programs for online and offline devices

How does the background database work.docx (923.1 KB)

Next step we will show how to copy & paste applications from your library to a new project.

1 Like

How I can learn more about your system and develop a workbench for students
I am teaching HVAC controls at Houston community colleges.

here is my cell phone: 210 624 1553 can we talk on Whatsapp.

Thanks, hope to hear from you.
syed

You can reach us at any of the email address’s you see on our website. sales (at) temcocontrols.com will work.

Also have a look at this trainer rig I did for a client. They went dark before the project got very far along, it would be good to cooperate with you on the next steps.

This is excellent! I assume the LED readouts can read 0-10vDC to show a signal out or feedback signal like from the damper position output.

Yes, the LEDs show the 0-10V signal on the analog outputs. All we need now are a couple of simple example application examples to get things rolling.

~WRD255.jpg