Connecting subnet devices over BACnet/MSTP 485, misc Tstat7 debugging

I have just tested the firmware for Rev113 and indeed the keys are locked as you described.I released the new Rev114 firmware for Tstat7.
Navigate to T3000 → Help → Check for updates → ‘Download firmware and update’ to update the device to the latest firmware.

Thanks!

I tried rev11.4 on two devices. still locks out the buttons and does not release. my hardware version is 22 and PIC 0 if that makes a difference.

buttons bring on the backlight, but no response no matter what the lockout setting or keypad select setting is.

Could you please send me your configuration files . Select your Tstat7 device , File-> Save as .
I want to find the difference (Rev114), I can’t reproduce the keylock unusable situation.
Thank you.

Do you need that in rev114? or rev89 where it works?

Please uploade your Rev114 ,configuration files . Thanks!

Sorry, I used a few TStat7s in the office and loaded your configuration file but could not duplciate your locked keypad issue.
We will continue our investigation and in the mean time you can use the older firmware below.
https://temcocontrols.com/ftp/firmware/Tstat7/Tstat7_Rev8_9.hex

That is what I am using. It seems to be fully functional. Do you think this is a hardware generation problem?

It may be a hardware compatibility issue, but Rev8.9 is fully functional, you could use it while we continue our investiaging. Thank you for the good troubleshooting and feedback.

Rev8.9 and 9.0 seemed to work fine until I tried to use the schedule. Now the Fan Mode point keeps going to OFF instead of AUTO. this appears to lock out all outputs. The stat its self still cycles from occupied to unoccupied showing call for fan and heat. But the outputs do not follow and the setpoints show unoccupied.

First thing for debugging a situation that doesn’t seem to be working as expected is to start with the outputs on their own first.

Set the output to manual mode and toggle it on and off. When you are done make sure to put it back into auto mode.

Once you verify the output is working then you can test it in auto mode with a small program like further below. Once that is done you continue the debugging using the program to adjust the setpoints. Use auto/manual mode on the temperature input to set the temperature high and low and watch for the proper response.

10 REM **** CYCLE OUTPUT ON AND OFF SLOWLY ****

20 IF TIME-ON ( FAN1 ) > 00:00:10 THEN STOP FAN1

30 IF TIME-OFF ( FAN1 ) > 00:00:10 THEN START FAN1

The physical output is not the problem. I and actually just reading the output into another program.

the problem is the stat does not follow the schedule. It works fine in occupied but when I put a schedule in it gets stuck in unoccupied. Well, unoccupied as far as T3000 sees it. All the icons in the stat its self come back into occupied.

1 Like

Im having the same issue with controllers showing up in the tree. Im using a single T3-TB and a viconics 8600. The viconics does show up but under the "local view’ as a 3rd party device instead of under the T3-TB. Im using 485 main. The viconisc stat also shows up as MAC 0 instead of the MAC 3 that is is set at.Device ID is correct. Device is 74 and updated to 63.2. Updated T3000 also

1 Like

JB: Show us a trend log of the schedule over time, its easy to set that up by adding it to one of the trend logs. While you;re at it you could add a few of the IO and the setpoint to the graph.

JIM: Normally I’d comment a bit and have some suggestions but its hard to understand what is going on there. Maybe start a new thread.

What points should I trend? I am in Modbus right now. Just tell me the REG#

Here is what I see after the schedule goes into unoccupied then back to occupied. These three images are the same stat at the same time. You see it says BACnet, but I checked at the stat and it shows Modbus. But the Modbus Reg shows REG 21 (protocol) at 1 for BACnet. I’m so confused.

I know it is not REV11.4 (the latest) every time i flash 11.4 in the buttons lock and will not unlock.

Still not sure what trend you need to see. REG109 is occupied = 27 unoccupied =26. not much of a difference to show on a graph.

I did set everything back to default and make sure all protocols are Modbus. still have the same symptom. Everything works until the unoccupied time then it does not return to occupied.

Fandu will check into this on our end. If you could send us the config file from the device that would be a good start. Also be sure the fimrware is the latest version and reload the config file after updating. The Tstat7 is a mature product going back over a decade so we’re keen to find out what is going on in your situation.

Update: I have 4 Stat7, all hardware 22, similar serial # and all bought at the same time. Just tried to update them all to rev11.4. (3) have buttons locked and not responding to all commands from T30000. Example is backlight set to 1m but stays on continuously. (1) appears to function correctly. I tried saving the working config file and upload it to the other 3 but it seems to hang at 78%.

Select help-check for updates-download firmware and update new firmware Rev 115 .
https://temcocontrols.com/ftp/firmware/Tstat7/Tstat7_Rev115.hex
Thanks!

I updated T3000 and flashed the stats to REV11.5. Buttons still locked out and stat does not follow commands from T3000. Backlight stays on with 1min off time. Stats do not follow schedule. I tries flashing from UBS/RS485 as well. same results. The one stat i can get the buttons to work on with REV11.4, but it will not follow the schedule either.

Can you tell us if the issue follows one hardware rev or one firmware rev, or both please. We havent had reports like this before so it’s a bit baffling. If you are loading a config file to the devices you can email that to us as well.