Connecting subnet devices over BACnet/MSTP 485, misc Tstat7 debugging

All my hardware is the same REV22 18.05.04. 1 of 4 will allow buttons on 11.4 or 11.5. 4 of 4 allow buttons on 8.9 or 9.0. I have found no combination that the schedule works correctly. They either will not go into unoccupied or will not return from unoccupied. When this happens the icons on the Stat do not match the information on T3000. I have also seen the stat to go a mode where it says the setpoint is 999. then usually goes back to a normal mode after a short period. If that gives us any clues.

Hi ,Jollybodger .
Tstat7_Rev116 fixed issues with Tstat7 schedule.
You can upgrade the firmware through the T3000, or you can manually load the firmware and update it through the ISP Tool.
Select help-check for updates-download firmware and update for the device you want to update.
https://temcocontrols.com/ftp/firmware/Tstat7/Tstat7_Rev116.hex
If still have problem ,please let me know .
Thanks!

I updated T3000 and flashed the Stat7s to 11.6. Stats still will not follow schedule. Not even the one that the buttons work on. They are all staying in Occupied no matter what schedule I put in. Here is my config file.
FBR REV11.6 3-1-23.txt (14.8 KB)

Please download and update again, I made some small changes and havent bothered to increment the rev number since this is not in general release yet.

And also please change the override timer to to 0 for testing, if it is active it will affect the schedule.
https://temcocontrols.com/ftp/firmware/Tstat7/Tstat7_Rev116.hex

Trying it now.

I thought the override timer was to give the occupant the ability to push the override button on the thermostat and go into occupied mode for a timed period. If I set it to 0 then Override is disabled. I had not pushed the override button any time I was testing to see if the stat followed the schedule.

It will be best to keep things simple at this stage, once things are working we can introduce that to the mix.

Things look good. I was able to get the stats to go into and out of unoccupied with the override timer set at 0. Still one stat working correctly and the others with buttons inoperable. But they all followed the schedule and outputs followed the PID table in Occupied and Unoccupied. I set the override time back to 60 and now I see once the unoccupied time was to start, the override timer started counting down. Once the timer ran out the stats went into Unoccupied. Looks like it all works with one glitch to resolve. The override timer is getting triggered at the transition to unoccupied.

All was well then in the mooring I saw the thermostats showing 999 setpoint. Briefly toggled to the correct unoccupied setpoint and back to 999. I did not have time to open T3000 to see what it thought was going on.

This is what I see from T3000 when this is happening. You can see the loop and output are not responding.

FBR rev11.6 3-4-23.txt (14.8 KB)

Update: The Tstat7 supports only occupied and unoccupied modes, the user interface will now correctly not let you use the home and away modes, these are specific to the Tstat8.

Please download and update again
Fixed setpoint display error when running schedule
https://temcocontrols.com/ftp/firmware/Tstat7/Tstat7_Rev117.hex
Thanks

1 Like

Done. looks like that fixed it. Now the stats are showing the correct setpoint. They go into and out of unoccupied mode as they should.

Can we fix the issue that the override timer has to count down at the time of schedule change before going into unoccupied mode? I would like to use the override feature.

1 Like

Fandu tells me the override feature is working as expected. Perhaps after the firmware update you need to let the system settle for the timer interval.

1 Like

What I am seeing is two things.

1. when in unoccupied mode, press override button, stat goes into occupied and “time left” starts counting down. (this is the expected action)
    time left
  2. at the scheduled time for the stat to change to unoccupied. stat says occupied and “time left” starts counting down. Once “time left” = 0 then stat goes unoccupied. (this is odd and not the sequence I have ever experienced on any other products)

In the example here with the override period set to 20, if stat is scheduled the stat to go unoccupied at 20:00, it will stay in occupied until 20:20.

Is this the intended result?

There may be more to this, and it might be working correct now but I have run out of time tonight to test. Will report results tomorrow.

If the user hits the override during the schedule, normally it will be ignored.

The other option would be to accept the override anytime and stay occupied till the schedule if done AND the timer is done.

I guess option2 is better so the user can hit the override a little early if they know the unoccupied period is coming up.

1 Like

Seems to be working now. Stats switch right at the scheduled time. Whatever glitch was causing the timer to trigger has cleared. I have watched them go into and out of Occupied several times. Even with 60 and 120 timers the stats are working perfectly now.

1 Like

*We found the root cause of the buttons not working properly.
If your device has similar problems, you can fix the problem by updating the following version of the firmware.
Update the firmware to rev118 to fix the Tstat7 keyboard issue .
https://temcocontrols.com/ftp/firmware/Tstat7/Tstat7_Rev118.hex
Thanks!

Success! 5 out of 6 flashed to 118 are working correctly including the buttons. I will run trends but I am assuming the repairs to the schedule made by 117 are still intact. The 6th one just won’t communicate so have not been able to flash to 118.

It was some subtle problem with the new ‘compatible’ CPUs we’ve been sourcing. we just need to reinitialize the IO ports a few times.

Maurice

Can this be fixed with a firmware flash like the Stat7?