Troubleshooting Modbus subnet communications with the T3-Nano

Yes I work with DHCP.
Previously I tried without DHCP connecting directly the computer to the Nano using a usb-ethernet port and a single cable but I got the same problem… so for me the problem is in the nano itself, not outside…
Yesterday, the io cames back automatically but I don’t know how…probably internal scanning that finally succeed …
But I have no à strange thing with PT12 that is detected two times by the nano and each scan and added two times in the input list.

I already had this situation one times last week… In this case, the network point contains also 12 lines with the signal from my PT12. This display used to be empty…
I will send you the screen shot of input view and network point plus a save of the log window showing scanning.

Does a firmware update put a slave in his factory settings?

firmware update doesn’t revert the device to default settings. everything is retained including dhcp settings and other user settings.

Maurice Duteau

More detail about the double mapping of PT12 module in IO of Nano.
Only one pt1000 is connected for testing… on second channel.
I named it T14
But I noticed that only the IN14 is really the image of the real output…
The value 26.97 of In2 in not refreshed anymore.
So two input have the same label …
When I changed T14 to T14_OLD on line IN2, both IN2 and IN14 label changed to T14_OLD.
So Nano can go crazy and stay hours in a an abnormal mappping…
My filter program was reading T14, now it is named T14_OLD IN the program too.
But pressing Ins key in the program show me that it link to IN2
So this definitely not acceptable that nano stop refreshing data that are linked to the program and connect the real io to new io but using same label.
This must be solved…

1 Like

Hello Maurice,

please find a copy of the T3000 temp directory with some log

files and screenshot

I hope it can help you to understand what is going wrong here

with the nano.

best regards

Pierre

t3000 temp.zip (195 KB)

I added a couple tabs for reference on your photo there. Tab1 shows you have this sensor set to the 3k thermistor range. Just make sure its really a 3k thermistor you have connected there and not one of the 1k Pt sensors you mentioned on this project.

At Tab2 you see the duplicate name, you can just change it to a unique name there yourself. The expansion slave modules don’t enforce unique names themselves, we’ll add some features to help enforce unique names soon.

Network Points: All items show OK so that means your devices are connected. The list doesnt get refreshed that often, to see the current temperature check the inputs page, it gets refreshed often.

Final Notes: I have asked the team to show a counter which shows a timer that keeps track of the last contact for network points. It will count up when network communications is lost, that way you can see the status of your network communications.

1 Like

@maurice,
My conclusion for now is that the nano is too new on the market and has not be tested enough before to be used for a real building…
The channel configuration is there from the begining, I already wrote it.
The configuration is done properly in the PT12 but the view from the Nano is wrong
The Nano created itself this double mapping and duplicated labels and I don’t know how to remove this…
Yesterday I saw that changing IN14 label does not change the IN2 label…so there is a way to solve…
Ok but basically … I only have one expansion io connected and I don’t want the nano to change the mapping itself…
the mapping should go to IN1-IN12.
I tried yesterday with static IP and a normal switch rather than a router with DHCP function.
This router was disturbing my access to internet from the computer…so blocking also capacity for update…
I will check this evening if update helps.
I should have my new computer in the next days…

Standing by to help here, all the products you’re working with have been around in one form or another for decades.
Maurice

1 Like

I got my new computer today.
He is detecting nano and PT12 fast but basically nothing changed in the nano…

So I cleared the nano device…
Every thing was removed ( programs, vars, io mapping, network point )
So now, how to trigger the mapping of PT12 as expansion input?
Where to find firmware update of Nano ?
I checked on ftp/firmware : no directory named nano
I tried an update of t3000 and updating now firmware of PT12
Even this could not be done correctly

So now configuration of PT12 was lost due to firmware update…

Then I tried to add manually PT12 to nano as expansion io
The result is that t3000 lost the connection to nano.
Then nano came back to tree with his default name

The only good news is that mapping came back to normal

So I configured the first 3 channels in PT1000 ( range 35)
Each time I click on PT12 it takes 30s to get screen
Another big bug of t3000 software… : some of the tools are not available for all Type of slave… so when you start from the network point screen for example and then click on PT12 , you get an long busy time before the software detect that the network point is not available for PT12…

PT12 is not working good anymore…

So I connected the PT12 directly on tcp.
This time the t3000 detected abnormal working and suggest to Download the firmware from server but failed to do it…
[Moderator] Removed Image, thread is too large

No chance for me PT12 I was not able to change his subnet range… I finally succeed flashing the firmware with changing my pc io address

So finally my config was not lost… PT12 is back on the nano input mapping with the configuration…
Only bug is still the g3k indication for a pt1000 range
Next step
Did the update from the help menu…
So it seems that nano has the same firmware as a T3 controller . Sorry, that was not clear for me …

Now trying to get AQ alive
I disconnect PT12 and connect only AQ on main subnet
After a while AQ appear in the tree

Then trying to change AQ to bacnet
Loosing the connection with nano
When I try to select bacnet on main subnet, t3000 refuse it saying that only one bacnet is possible… I know that but sub subnet is modbus, …

So what is the next step…?
How can I force AQ to go back to modbus ?

I tried detection by magnifier tool without success
Update is impossible because not connected.

Si what is the procedure to force AQ to its factory settings?

We will set up a test here and try to duplicate your issues. There’s no factory reset button on the AQ. You could try connecting to it directly to the PC through a USB/485 converter if you’re having troubles connecting on a subnet with other devices present.

Friendly note: This thread is getting massive due to the large images. Here’s a tool I use to do screen shots and annotations to them. The image size is very small and it’ll make communicating with us easier.

Sorry for the big picture, I tried first to connect on the forum using my computer but login was refused.
This is perhaps now the first priority for future follow up.
On my iPad, I am automatically connected on the forum clicking reply button in the mail.
This is not the same on my computer … I don’t understand why…
regarding the AQ
This is now clear for me that AQ is never detected while PT12 is on the same subnet but it was not the case at the beginning… I suspect something going wrong in the AQ.
I also noticed that the temperature setpoint is forced to 0.0 and it is impossible to increase it from the keypad
I could never even imagine an electronic programmable component without any reset to factory setting procedure… now I know that it is possible with a temco …
It would be so easy to use a jumper on the board …or a continuation of key pressed with a power startup…
Another idea that came to my mind…
Changes to parameter of the communication should be affected to the real program only after a power start… this is really crazy that changing a communication parameter put a slack in a situation it becomes impossible to go to the reverse…
This is how the metzconnect module are working… rotary switch used to set the modbus ID can be used to configure baud rate and parity at power startup when a small jumper is bridging two pins…

I will then buy a usb rs485 converter…

Reset to defaults: Will keep this in mind for the next hardware revision.

Keypad Settings: Which product do you have there please, photo. We will set up a test here and show you ALL the steps.

This is the picture of my Air quality sensor.

Hello Maurice,

I will receive my USB - RS485 converter today.

I hope it will help to connect to AQ sensor and configure it properly.

I agree with your previous proposal to work in bacnet between AQ and NANO, but after upgrading firmware of Nano to the last version it became impossible to select one of the subnetwork to bacnet… what ever I try on the main or on the sub.

I hope that working with USB direct connection to slave should make the things easier.

I reset my temco password yesterday but today I could not connect from any of my old or new computer .

what is wrong there?

Thanks for feedback

Pierre RUWET

Pierre,
Apologies for all the time you have spent on this. Normally tying things together on the RS485 subnets is as simple as it can get but with the Pt12 and AQ combo we have managed to duplicate an issue, we’ll sort this out tomorrow. New firmware and/or T3000 front end coming up ASAP.

MD

1 Like

I am happy that you find finally something wrong .
A new firmware for Nano is certainly needed and perhaps a new one for PT12 and AQ.
I agree with you that it should be plug and play!
Changing of baudrate or protocol should be done from T3000 on the subnet master and aplply automatically to all slave connected on the subnet but only at the next power On
Like this we could check that all slave properly received the new setup before to power off, power on.