T3000 Software crashes when selecting T3-22I after scanning

Hello,
I have a T3-BB-32i and a T3-22i on an ethernet LAN. Using the T3000 software to do a scan, both devices show up. I can select the T3-BB-32i and configure it’s settings. When selecting the T3-22i, the T3000 application shows the HEALTH % drop down to 53%, then the application closes (disappears).
I have read the instruction for deleting the program files from the folder and doing a clean install of the app. This has not resolved the issue…

We weren’t able to reproduce the issue here, I’d try the usual debugging like switching around ethernet cables, try one device at a time… some folks were saying recently they had trouble with certain hubs so you could try a direct cable connection. I would also update the T3000 front end, you can do that from T3000 → help → check for updates → update T3000. Standing by to help out more.

Maurice

A very similar situation is happening to me, but I am using a T3-NB (Nano) and a T3E-22i. The T3000 software discovers the devices and I can left-click and select it to make changes, but when I attempt to right-click on the T3E-22i the whole application closes. I have tried uninstalling T3000 and reinstalling it then updating the firmware, and it still happens when I right-click. Did you ever resolve your issue?

Could you search this forum regarding adding and configuring expansion IO, you need to make sure the expansion IO is configured well in the T3000 application. There is a tab in the advanced config settings for letting the T3 master device know where to look for expansion IO on the RS485 subnet.

Its possible T3000 has gotten confused if you have multiple connections to the same device, ie ethernet and RS485 active at the same time. You can go to T3000 → database (or something to this effect, sorry I am not at my desk just now) and then clear all the devices/nodes. Once you have done that you can scan the network again to rebuild the device tree.

Standing by to help.

Update: Adding screen shot of expansion IO setup dialog.

Thank you for the advice, Maurice, it gave me a couple avenues to look at. We had been using the nano for testing several configurations and it must have gotten hung up on which path to take. A factory default of the Nano, deleting all files from the computer and then reinstalling the T3000 program fresh seems to have eliminated the issue and I can once again right-click without the software shutting down.

T3-NB and T3E-22i’s are all communicating and reporting properly now, thanks again!