T3-LB random reboot

Does not happen often, only occasionally occurs when connected to T3000.
Recovers immediately but all outputs turn off and back on and analog input read out of range values for a short period. Had to add start delays to prevent short cycling of binary outputs.

Model T3-LB
Hardware 6
MCU 46.5
PIC 20
Top 38
Bootloader 29
Serial No 99358

Thanks for the efforts with the T3 controllers John. Would you mind to send on the program and we’ll see what we can do to duplicate the issue. You can email it to maurice (at) temcocontrols (dot) com.

There was the same reason, decided to update the firmware of the controller to the version mini_arm_rev47.5_7.20.hex. The problem disappeared.

zamild,

Thank you for your input, I will research procedure for properly updating the firmware and implement.

From the T3000 front end you can go to T3000 → help → check for updates → update T3000

This will update the front end, then you can update the device by going to

T3000 → help → check for updates → download firmware and update device.

If you have any troubles we’ll be here.

My T3-LB’s are all on 50.4 firmware. But I still get a random reboot on some of them. When they reboot, the output state on all outputs briefly change. This change triggers a relay in our email warning system stating that the output has switched to “on” which, depending on the output port, may warn us (falsely) that a chiller has gone down or the solar/gas hot water system is too cold.

What sort of things would cause a T3 to randomly reboot? I would like to troubleshoot it, but don’t know where to start.

Haven’t seen this sort of behavior but send on your program and we’ll try to duplicate it here in the lab. Like you found with the Ethernet grounding issue between buildings, this could be some sort of electrical noise problem which will be difficult to duplicate here.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Time Sync

Yeah I dunno I’ve been having random rebooting issues with my T3-TB-8i pretty much since I started using it heavily. I’ve updated to the latest as of today for both t3000 and firmware on my device and still seeing random reboots. Also there’s the whole scheduling thing which may have improved this release but it’s hard to tell with the rebooting as a confounding factor.

WRT power source: I’ve used 3 different power sources now and seen the random reboot phenomenon with all 3: 20v DC, 12v DC, 24v AC

It’s tough because this device theoretically has all the functionality I require and yet I can’t trust it to just stay on and do its job without rebooting randomly, often changing my schedules in the process somehow. I’d say it was at least twice a day in frequency but I notice it more often nowdays because I spend more time in the room with the controller.

Just thought I’d chime in here because it does not appear to be an isolated incident.

1 Like

Send on a copy of your program and we’ll see if we can duplicate the rebooting. For what its worth… we’ve had no reports of any unstability but we’re always on the lookout for issues that crop up.

image001.jpg

Update: I am here to report good news. hopefully this doesn’t jinx it!

I performed the following procedure on my device:
First I did a reset to factory defaults
then I plugged my service laptop in directly via ethernet to the T3
Then I re-flashed the T3 with the latest firmware 53.7

Now this blows away all my programs and configs and whatnot but I really wanted to make a clean start with the new firmware because I’ve seen this kind of thing before with networking gear where if you use an old config on a new firmware there can be issues…

Anyhow sure enough I’ve I re-input the config and programs manually and now I got almost 24 hours uptime on the T3 now and still going strong! I’ll keep you posted of any further developments!

1 Like