Source for Graphics

I am setting up the T3000 software for a presentation on the value of building automation to our condo HOA. The graphics on the control screen need to look sharp. I am wondering if my new friend Maurice has a recommended source for those graphics and what the ideal size in pixels would be for the initial graphic and the size/recommended dimensions for a typical drill down graphic. I am also looking for typical pump/chiller/fan graphics too.

1 Like

For generating graphics any program will do, a client pointed me to paint.net which was quite handy. It supports layers and libraries of equipment which any beginner can use to quickly get up to speed. I used to do shop drawings and project graphics myself using corel draw, its cheap and easy to learn. I’m working now with my Cad fellow to build up a library of HVAC equipment in Solidworks which is an expensive but powerful 3D package, see below. Feel free to pass on your sketches / PDFs for any project and we’ll work on adding your items to the solidworks library and exporting for you.

For image sizing, draw the image at basically the scale and level of detail you want to see in your displays. T3000 will scale the image up or down to match the available display area. We don’t have anything (yet) in the way of drilling down and panning around a building but its on the roadmap. You can get a simulated zoom by placing icons on the high level display which link to another display at a more detailed zoom level.

1 Like

Got my graphics running today. Can the graphics screen pull items/variables from other T3’s on the network, or should I run a program to load them to a local variable?
Is there a way to have the graphics show up when the program is loaded… without setting user’s in the database?
Can you send me a link to your graphics library?

1 Like

To add a network point on the graphics display, just hit the insert key anywhere in the display area and type in the name of the point. It can be any panel in the system, main Ethernet network or the RS485 subnetwork points. There is no requirement to create a local variable. The networking that goes on to refresh the data is taken care of automatically in the background.

In this example, I am inserting a point on panel 12 as you can see at Tab1. I am referring to the user name "SLABTMP’ at Tab2. This point could be anywhere in your system, on the local controller or any other controller in the system.

The lock icon at Tab3 is unlocked, this allows you to move the elements around after inserting on the display. When you’re done you lock the display again to avoid moving elements around inadvertently.

1 Like

Here’s a tip for other T3 users. When you create your background graphic, put the text “Hit Esc to exit this screen” at the top of your graphic.
That will make it more intuitive for everyday system users.

T

1 Like