Network Points

You are very kind and your response is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim

1 Like

Maybe you need to update T3000.exe, I spent several hours today but still have no problem, or you can check the network health table of T3-TB to check whether exist ID conflict.

Chelsea,

I have the latest T3000. Here my my network health

image.png

Chelsea,

Can you tell me the latest firmware that my TB shoild have?

Thank you,

Jim

You can always find the latest firmware by navigating to T3000 → help → check for updates → update device firmware. If there is a new version available the software will guide you through the steps to download and update the device.

Maurice,

I checked, I have the latest installed. I’m beginning to believe I have a defective controller. Still testing

Jim

If communications are working at least partially then you can generally rule out a hardware problem.

That leaves a lot of ‘other’ issues to work through but a hardware swap is generally not helpful if at least some bytes are getting through.

Maurice

Thanks Maurice

Fortunately these controllers will be on a network that has a Schneider Electric AS which could handle the transfer as a last resort. Still testing with transfer between controllers

Jim

Network points are a basic feature of our system so we’re scratching our heads here. Perhaps its time we switch to private message and set up an online session with Chelsea to your site. She is available over the weekend.

Excellent idea. What time zone does Chelsea work out of?

Jim

Chelsea,

If I am in a controller that is labeled panel 12 why does the program in my controller show panel 14?

image.png

Jim

We’re operating out of Shanghai, late in your day after ~7PM works out well for most time zones in USA/Canada

Could you show us a screen shot of the dialog where it shows the panel number.

Chelsea,

Any chance you could remote into my PC today?

Thanks,

Jim

you can send me your anydesk ID by email.
chesea@…

Hello All!

Any progress on this?

I’m having trouble my self with a similar issue.

My issue was result of having incompatible bacnet firmware. This isn’t covered in any of the documentation. Chelsea had to log into my PC to update. If you are having the same issue you might want to contact her directly

Jim

The issue Jim met is T3-TB-11i’s limit bacnet master function. Did you use the same controller? I will upload latest firmware to FTP soon. you can update it by T3000 automatically.

Thanks for the quick response Chelsea.
Included is an image of my testing setup.

My current issue is that the program updates some points, but not all, and not all the time.
I already try using the instance with the same result.
(By the way, when using instance, the “DO” does not work. I use “BO” and it worked.)

All controllers have firmware 64.8

Thanks in advance for your help.

and just in case, these are what the network points looks like …

Not been read correctly.