Tstat8 Wiring Topology

@PeteR I have a small project I want to put a couple thermostats in a building and control the RTU. Monitor a couple points for temp within the rtu ducts as well. Then second step would be to monitor the boiler system and circ pumps as they have the 3 boilers running all the time and don’t stage them. I feel that I need to wait for more reliability on the product before deploying. What are your thoughts on deployment for reliability? What are you using for a front end / Graphics?

@bill ,

I do not know the long term reliability of these controls devices, I’m familiar with and use Honeywell and Johnson proprietary RS485, Lon and IP with Symmetre and Niagara Front-ends. I’m attempting to assess the Temco Devices by deploying, monitoring / trending their operation and connected sensors.

The current tests are to determine reliability and compatibility with other simpler HTML5 monitoring software like Mango Automation and Mango ES; Collect IoT Data | Monitor Remotely | Realtime Analysis

Current Topology…

Its hard to say what might be causing communications issues in your test setup but rest assured we are always keen to get to the bottom of any issues that crop up.

One thing you mention here is that the grounding has an effect on communications. That means there could be grounds crossed up in the AC supply somewhere if you’re powering more than one device with the same transformer. Of if you have several supplies in the system then do make sure to get the grounds of all supplies commoned up well and tie them to earth for good measure.

Another thing to confirm is that you have the most recent firmware in all the devices and your front end. You can update firmware and the front end software from T3000 → help → check for updates.

I imagine you have seen the communications health status shows at the bottom of the T3000 interface, I am interested to see what this shows on your setup.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Integrating with Wacnet Open source Bacnet tool