Tstat8 integrating with Jace Niagara

Hello
I have integrated 9 tstat8 in Modbus on Jace Niagara Ax Sometimes the connection it cuts for 5 minutes,
It’s random every time a 9 tstat8 cuts the connection just for 5 minutes and conects again automatically

What do you think is the problem ?

Hello
Today I completely lost the communication of all tstat8, after checking I found that I can not communicate with the first TSTAT8 avec adresse modbus 1.
J’ai utilisé le convertisseur usb vers rs485 and the T3000 software but no results.
Do you have a tip to communicate with the TSTAT8 ?

I would start with a single device on the desktop. Use a known good connection, converter, cable and so on which you could check first with some other working device. Then switch over to the Tsat8, use our T3000 software and it will scan all USB/RS485 ports at all baud rates and protocols till it is discovered. There is a menu system on the Tstat8 where you can use the keypad to double check the protocol, baud rate and network ID. Standing by to help out more.

Maurice

Thank you for your reply
On the other hand I did as you asked me but unfortunately no result

Just noticed that you’re using Modbus to integrate, why not try this in Bacnet? It will be simpler than digging through the modbus register list. You can set the protocol to Bacnet using the keypad, hold the left and rightmost buttons down at the same time for 5+ seconds, the display will jump to menu mode after which you can scroll around to find the protocol setting. Check the baud rate setting while you’re at it. Then use T3000 to scan, if the hardware is OK it will respond to the Bacnet who-is command and from there you can manage it using T3000 and/or Niagara.

If you cannot connect with the thermostat in a simple test setup with known good converter, etc, we will have to get the unit here for a look. Please coordinate with Candy (at) temcocontrols (dot) com to coordinate this and you can cc to me as well.

One final note: Since the system was working before and now suddenly its not, that could well point to a cabling issue or hardware issue. You can use one of these little pocket scopes to have a look at the network communications.