T3E-886 Loss of Ethernet

Hello,
I am new to the world of Bacnet controllers, so apologies if this is a dumb question.
I’m currently using a T3E-886 as essentially part of a building management system, and I am using Niagara to do so. My question is this: what general functionality of the device, if any, would be affected by a loss of ethernet/internet connectivity? Our building is scheduled to undergo IT updates next week, and server updates will make the connectivity intermittent at best. Again, I apologize if this is a silly question.

Thank you!

The devices are stand alone, they can run offline indefinitely and will pick up where they left off when the network connectivity is restored. The same applies for the RS485 network. Any values or variables that are coming into the controller over the network will float along at whatever value was last coming in till the network is restored.

On a similar note, the same applies for power fail. All our devices will pick up where they left off without user intervention after power is resumed.

2 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for the expedient reply!

1 Like