T3000 graphics points

I have the same problem. I think it grabs Var’s of the same # from other panels on the network. My workaround is to make sure the points come from Var#'s that are unique to the panel generating the display. The T3000 has a ton of variables so just use some of the upper numbers.
Still… I would love to have Fance fix it.

1 Like

No, graphics pane and points in same panel. But some refreshes the points get pulled in from another panel.

Typos happen…

I am not very clear what you mean but once I understand I can write this up for the developers and set up a test to duplicate it. A screen shot would help.

~WRD255.jpg

I am having difficulty to follow your workaround TD2. Vars that are unique to the panel generating the display… what does that actually mean. If I can see it I will understand and can write it up pronto.

~WRD255.jpg

Apparently Fan du knows what I mean

Typos happen…

I will check this issue . If possible, please send your PROg file to me so that I can find the problem faster.In addition, we did find that insert a var of other panels in Panel 1 rarely caused a small problem.We will fix these minor issues by updating the T3000.thank you

Seems like most T3000 users only use a fraction of the 125 available variables. For points on your graphics, just reserve a dozen or so for each t3000 on your network. For example, for my hot water t3000, i only use variables from var60~var70. Those var’s are blank on all other t3000’s. Then I programmatically move the info I want to see on the graphic for that T3000 to one of those “reserved” variables. I have reserved variables 71 ~ 85 on my Chiller T3000, etc

1 Like

I think what you’re saying is T3000 cannot manage displays well when there are more than one controller in the network. It somehow mixes up points from the displays and your work around is to use a particular VAR only once, even if its on a different controller. We will do some testing when we get out of lockdown in a few days (hopefully).

~WRD255.jpg

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong but to share any point on a network you need to address the specific point, including the panel number.
For example:
Panel 1, VAR1 would be 1VAR1
Panel 2, VAR1 would be 2VAR1

Yes, between panels that is how it works. Ethernet to Ethernet connections.

And also RS485 to RS485 (MSTP) connections.

If you are working with Ethernet to RS485 subnet connection or vice versa it will be best to use the bacnet instance.

You can read more about network programming here: https://forums.temcocontrols.com/t/network-programming-overview/316

~WRD255.jpg

Ok,
You create a graphic screen. It has points from panel 2. sometimes the data that comes in is from panel 1. next refresh it comes from panel 2. the refresh after that it could be panel 2, or it could be panel 1. You don’t know which data comes next. seems random.
super confusing for a customer when they do nothing but the data shifts from panel to panel on the same screen.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same problems with graphics and it doesn’t matter if I use BACnet or panel #s.
The graphics are slow to update and points aren’t reliable. The other day, a customer stated that the graphics will need to work before I can get paid…
The site with a disappointed customer - system architecture has (one T3-BB, two T3-LB and 14 Tstat-10 (WiFi) devices)

I have tried using panel/point and BACnet instances. I get the same results either way.

Just providing information - hopefully the information is helpful…
Bret

We will investigate and fix it immediately.

~WRD255.jpg

1 Like

I have similar probs with graphics. I can’t add a new point to an existing graphics screen. This is a case where they used to work and now they seem problematic.

Nearly done with the fixes, its related to caching and network timing so it was not easy but we’ll get it done.

~WRD255.jpg

Something definitely changed regarding reliability and the update time was always a bit too slow but now I just can’t trust the data because it’s as though something (ghost) is editing the graphics screen databases in the background. I spend a lot of time deleting the incorrect points, inserting the correct points and then the graphics stop updating. I could go on and on as I’m sure you could too. Thanks for replying…

Bret Burnett
Inside Passage Integrated Control Systems
Cell. (907) 957-1146
Email. Bret. Icsak@gmail.com

Fandu found some issues and has a fix in the works. Should be done today.

~WRD255.jpg

That’s great news! Thank you for the update Maurice.

Bret Burnett
Inside Passage Integrated Control Systems
Cell. (907) 957-1146
Email. Bret. [Icsak(at) gmail (dot)com

I know this is still ongoing and I have my fingers crossed hoping for success. :slight_smile:

Fandu has released a new version last week, could you give that a try please. You may have to delete or temporarily rename the T3000 installation folder, there’s been some changes to the underlying DBs.