T3-BB-32i not found by frontend after IP address change

I’m adding a T3000 BB to a network 10.0.0.0. I connected the T3000 to the network switch, also on the switch is a Windows 10 PC with a static IP of 192.168.0.10. I installed the T3000 frontend and updated from Help->Updates. I ran discover and found the T3000. I then downloaded the latest firmware and flashed to the T3000, power off and then power on. Next I changed the IP address on the T3000 to 10.0.0.56 and turned off the T3000. The T3000 display shows IP: 10.0.0.56, SW: 46.5 Port: 502. I changed the PC IP address to 10.0.0.53. In the frontend I deleted the T3000. Now when I try discover the frontend cannot find the T3000. I tried uninstalling and deleting the T3000 files and reinstalling, still not working. The T3000 does sometimes answer to a Who-Is request.

Additional Info: the T3000 powers on normally (beat flashes twice a second), but once the power on is complete the beat flashes about 10 times, pause, 10 flashes. Pinging 10.0.0.56 for about 1 min results in about 70% packet loss.

Gary

If your device is making it to the ‘normal’ mode, this is the one blip per second on the heartbeat LED, then the unit is functioning normally and will reply to ping commands. The scan command from T3000 should find the device regardless of the IP settings on the device or your PC. Rule out the basic connectivity issues by connecting to a known good device if you have a spare there. Connect using a dumb hub or direct ethernet cable connection rather than connecting over the office LAN. We could set up a teamviewer session if you like, the engineers might be able to spot somthing. Send the coordinates to register3 (at) temcocontrols (dot) com and it’ll get to me.

Maurice

The T3000 is on a switch in a lab not on the office network. I updated the firmware to 46.6 and the ethernet connection is better but still not good. Out of 100 pings I get 10-20% packet loss. I also updated to the latest T3000 front end, but it still cannot find the T3000. Is there any way I can factory reset or use the COM port or USB port? Is this a defective unit?

Gary

Hard to say what might be going on there, a wireshark capture of the network activity would give some clues. The ping command at 80% is a little odd, possibly you have another device at the same IP address? The usual troubleshooting methods apply: connect to a known good device if you have one, isolate the equipment to rule out the duplicate IP question. standing by to help out.

Maurice

Hard to say what might be going on there, a wireshark capture of the network activity would give some clues. The ping command at 80% is a little odd, possibly you have another device at the same IP address? The usual troubleshooting methods apply: connect to a known good device if you have one, isolate the equipment to rule out the duplicate IP question. standing by to help out.

Maurice

You should be able to connect over the RS485, assuming you have the unit set to modbus slave. If its set as a master then it will not reply to modbus commands. If its sset to bacnet you can pick up the usual bacnet objects.

Getting back to the Ethernet connection, this is definitely the best way to manage the device and normally T3000 can discover a devce regardless of teh IP settings. If you had the unit set to DHCP auto and there is no DHCP server the unit may be waiting patiently for an IP address. the BB has an LCD display on it, what do you see there?

A wireshark capture of the network activity would give some clues. The ping command at 80% is a little odd, possibly you have another device at the same IP address? The usual troubleshooting methods apply: connect to a known good device if you have one, isolate the equipment to rule out the duplicate IP question. standing by to help out.

You should be able to connect over the RS485, assuming you have the unit set to modbus slave. If its set as a master then it will not reply to modbus commands. If its set to bacnet you can pick up the usual bacnet objects.

Getting back to the Ethernet connection, this is definitely the best way to manage the device and normally T3000 can discover a devce regardless of teh IP settings. If you had the unit set to DHCP auto and there is no DHCP server the unit may be waiting patiently for an IP address. the BB has an LCD display on it, what do you see there?

A wireshark capture of the network activity would give some clues. The ping command at 80% is a little odd, possibly you have another device at the same IP address? The usual troubleshooting methods apply: connect to a known good device if you have one, isolate the equipment to rule out the duplicate IP question. standing by to help out.

The LCD display shows an IP address of 10.0.0.56, it is not set to DHCP auto. The Windows 10 laptop and the T3000 are the only devices on the switch.

Viewing the network traffic in Wireshark I see the T3000 sending out DNS requests but not getting a response. When I do a search from the front end I do not see a response from the T3000.

Is there any way I can factory reset the T3000?

I updated to the latest firmware, 46.7. The ethernet connection is now more stable. A continuous ping shows responses in the 5ms range with the max about 50ms. The ping times out about once per minute. The T3000 frontend does not lose connection to the controller as often.

I can now get the T3000 front end to consistently find the controller. I had to put the controller and PC on a router or non-managed switch and set the controller to use DHCP. The frontend actually finds two objects:

temcopanel
|
|----- Controller

What’s the Controller?

Could be some garbage in the database from the earlier testing and connecting. You can clear out the database by going to T3000 → Database → All nodes → Delete All , or Delete Offline.

I deleted everything in the database and then scanned:

It still is finding a controller on the same IP as the panel but with a different serial number. Is the controller a Modbus controller??