Record and Track output - Power Monitoring

Hey guys! My apologies if this has been here before and im new to the temco controls world but loving it so far.

I have a bunch of current sensors that are 0-200amp, and output 0-10vdc that I want to use to monitor power used by specific circuits. I understand how the input values can be assigned on a linear scale of 0-10 being 0-200 amps. I want the final output of the program to be Kw and eventually KW/Hr. So I know I have to do a calculation of converting 0-10v to the corresponding amperage, then Amps times voltage to give me Watts (power). But I also need to measure this over time to find the KW/hr.

Also, once this is done, I need to be able to record the output and get the information over a specifc date range.

I know temco has a stand alone power monitor piece but this system has 12 main sensors at 200 amp and I want to be able to use the existing units.

Help! ;o)

This is a great application, its a good excuse to fomalize the power monitoring capabilites of our system. Here is a quick stab at it without any hardware on hand. Have a go at it and report back, lets see where this goes.

WATTS = VOLTS X AMPS
REM *** accumulate the watt-seconds every second. ***
IF INTERVAL( 0:0:01) THEN WATTSEC = WATTSEC + WATTS
REM *** This is crude but it triggers a flag every hour ******
IF+ TOD = 0:0:0 THEN NEWHOUR = 1
IF+ TOD = 01:0:0 NEWHOUR = 1
IF+ TOD = 02:0:0 NEWHOUR = 1
IF+ TOD = 03:0:0 NEWHOUR = 1
… repeat for all 24 hours of the day …
REM *** every hour store the watt-hours ***
IF NEWHOUR THEN WATTHRS = WATTSEC / 3600 + WATTHRS
REM *** increment the kwh for the day whenever the new hour is triggered ****
IF NEWHOUR THEN KWHDAY = KWHDAY + WATTHR
… insert code here to accumulate the kwh for the month
and reset the day & month variables appropriately
REM *** All done with the flag, reset the flag and the watthrs accumulator.
IF NEWHOUR THEN NEWHOUR = 0
IF- NEWHOUR THEN WATTHRS = 0

That’s a great start and great info. Thanks !

What about getting the information ? How do you capture it ?

I understand that you can do inputs and put out to like a relay or something but how do you get the information ? Plug in computer ? Etc ?

Thanks again !

Capturing info: See the section in the help system about trend logs.

Other questions: I am confused but ready to help.

Thanks ! I’ll look that up.

And send other questions later. Really appreciate all the help !