NTP Server , Time Synchronization

HI
is anyone has experience with time sync in T3 controller ?
i ask our IT admin to give me an NTP Server IP address in local network
its 182.18.60.72 . but the controller cant find it and give an error that can not find the server .

Also the time show on the LCD controller and T3000 Software is not Same

We’ll do some tests here. Any idea what your IT folks are using as the NTP server there?

After some quick reading on NTP servers, I see there are a lot of parameters to setting them up including encryption which the T3 controllers dont support. Could you point your PC to this NTP server and confirm that is working from the PC at least.

yes its work on the other Machine . i have to work with IT folks that which parameter is changeable and test them again on the controller .

I can confirm that T3 doesn’t work with NTP (123 UDP port).

Port 123 UDP is indeed the standard NTP port, tested and working well over here at the office. Please double check there and if things still dont work out I will do more debugging with you. Some ISP’s will block certain ports on your router, we had to specifically ask them to open things up… though I wouldnt expect 123 UDP to be on their block list but need to rule that out please.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know what ntpd settings you’ve tested with maurice? I’ve not been able to get the T3 to see my ntpd server either, but other PCs on the same LAN can sync to it no problem.

1 Like

Chelsea will report back shortly.

We already fixed it.

Updated to 53.9, I’m still having the same issue that the Original Poster (Nick) has which is that I cannot get it to connect to our LOCAL time servers… While it’s nice that you can sync with time.windows.com that does very little for those of us who need to connect to an NTP server with internal, non-routable IP addresses. I suppose this means you don’t have a local NTP server for development and testing purposes?

We support custom ntp servers by domain name or by IP address. Let us know what software/hardware you are using for your LOCAL time server and we’ll set up a test here to see if we can replicate it.

1 Like

I don’t know about Shanghai, but in Charlotte there are only 366 days in 2020. I am currently on firmware 53.6. Has this been fixed in a later release??

Please note that the DOW is wrong too. It’s not due to sync because this continued to appear after I clicked on the sync with PC button. It also continued to appear after I rebooted the T3.
I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow it will say zero or one.
Happy New Year

DOW and DOY alreayd be fixed in latest firmware rev54.4. And we did find the time error when passed the last day of leap year(2020), I already fixed it, But have to sync with pc or time server one time.

1 Like