Buildings and floors

How does one add floors to a building and allocate a controller or thermostat to that floor?

The graphics system is not 3D… yet.

You can explain a bit more about what you are up to and I will assist.

At this point I am not worried about the graphics. Perhaps i am letting my database experience cloud my thought process but I was hoping to use the building view of the T3000 software to provide a visual indication of equipment location. so i was hoping to add floors and rooms to a building then add devices to a particular room

Looks like you can do some limited naming and grouping in the tree there. I need a little more info in order to write this up for the team. Maybe dig around the 'net a bit and show us what you have in mind.

Hopefully this makes sense. Obviously, I am missing Icons etc but it is the best I can do with a text editor.

-Admin (building)
-RoofTop(floor)
Roof (room)
Chiller (panel)
MultiZone HVAC 1 (panel)
MultiZone HVAC 2 (panel)
-Floor 3 (floor)
Office1 (room)
Tstat10 (panel)
Office2(room)
Tstat10 (panel)
Office3 (room)
Tstat10 (panel)
Office4 (room)
Tstat10 (panel)

• Floor 2 (floor)
    Office1 (room)
    Tstat10 (panel)
    Office2(room)
    Tstat10 (panel)
    Office3 (room)
    Tstat10 (panel)
    Office4 (room)
    Tstat10 (panel)
    +Floor1 (floor)
  • Basement (floor)
    +Annex (building)
    +Maintenance (building)

Sorry about the previous reply. It was successfully mutilated by the page editor. Here is a clip of a screen capture.

Great, we can work on this next week. I think you have just added one level in the tree… but we’ll study this more and report back soon.

I think my diagram may have been misleading. Currently it appears to me the T3000 software supports only one building at a time. A this point this is not a serious issue and we have the ability to create multiple buildings in the database tab.
Right clicking any of the “+” or “-” indicator icons expands or collapses the associated subtree as would be expected, however, left clicking either the building or floor brings up the same dialog menu.
If you left click on a building I would expect to be able to add a floor and left clicking a floor should allow you to add a room. Currently all devices (panels) are added to floor1/room1. All we really need is the ability to create floors and rooms and select which devices belong where. On a side note if you left click on room1 the T3000 software crashes.
Sorry if I have been unclear previously

The current default List display is “Sort by Connection”, you can adjust the display by right-clicking.
There is also a view of the names for floors and rooms in “DataBase-All Nodes” table. The grid view makes it easier to do changes in bulk.