Asix T3 controller and 3k sensor range

Hi,

I know there is a change log for new firmware, but it isn’t super detailed, can we add more details to changes that have been made? Things like the 3k scale range being removed would be really helpful to know before I do firmware updates and then scratch my head for hours.

Also, is there a change log for T3000 software? Seems like there is a lot of active development and new versions being published, but little bit lacking on the details of what is new, fixed, broken, in progress etc. As well, can we have a sense of roadmap for features upcoming? and maybe a vague idea of expected timeline?

Jim.

Jim we weren’t able to reproduce your issue with the missing range. could you please send a screen shot of what you’re seeing there. This is what we see when viewing the range settings for the old Asix model controller, same as its always been. I have the team working on adding some text to explain G and Y, it was implemented so long ago nobody around now knows where it came from!

I hear you about the change log, we’ll add more text. The golden rule here though is every change must not break anything. 100% backwards compatibility.

Maurice Duteau

The range showed up in the dialog, but generated outlandish temperature readings

After your email we checked through the old code and figured out what was going on. There’s two 3k thermistor ranges, the one for range 31 and 32 is nicknamed ‘Y3K’ becuase it was using a YSI part number YSI44005. The other is a ‘G3K’ which follows a curve used by Alerton, ASI and Walker systems. We’ll test them both out thoroughly here and rename them in the user interface to make things more clear.

Which system are you normally connecting to with 3K thermistors Jim? I will add that info to the user interface and our documentation as well.

Alerton or walker would be what we see sometimes here

C: 250.643.3287
E: jim@jetcontrols.ca

O: 778.210.2088

Solving the worlds problems, one building at a time…