TStat10 - Remove scrolling IP address from Display

The TStat10 when connected to WiFi scrolls the devices IP address on the display. This is handy during setup/configuration but we need it hidden when deployed to our customer sites. Can this be done and if so how? Also, could the string being scrolled across the screen be changed to a custom message that we would specify?

We also would like to control the icons that are displayed on the last line of the display. Is there any update on that topic?

Thanks
Paul

We’re working on the features you describe… need a little time with it though. Stand by for updates in the coming weeks on this (not months).

Ok, where is this at? Last post was June and we are approaching October.

Apologies on the slow response. Have been tied up with various projects, will bump it up.

1 Like

I am prototyping a subcomponent of a product utilizing a T3-OEM (non-Wifi) which we will communicate to via MODBUS. At a minimum we need to be able to turn off/clear the scrolling message and icons. Ultimately, we will likely use these features if we can programmatically control the scrolling text and replace the Icons with ones more appropriate for our application. Have you made any progress on this?

We’ll be adding some customizing features for the display soon. There’s a few tings we’ve promised that need to be cleaned up first with emails for the alarms being top priority. Custom LCD features is up soon. You are welcome to have a try doing your own features, the source code for the project is here: GitHub - temcocontrols/T3-programmable-controller-on-ESP32

1 Like

There is a lot here to come up to speed on in order to make intelligent modifications. I have a programmer looking at it but I would appreciate it if you could let me know which sections are associated with driving the LCD display so I can optimize his time. He has a long list other aspects of our project I need to keep on track as well so any help you are willing to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Chris

~WRD255.jpg

It’s a big job to get up to speed with developing code for these products. I will ask the team to add some notes to the read.me file on how to get started. Once you have the environment set up you’ll need to get familiar with all aspects of the code, it shouldn’t be too tough to search and find the LCD related routines.

~WRD255.jpg

Thank you.

Out of curiosity what is your typical build time? Assuming I can get the LCD issue solved we are in the lead position for a project that will require 20 of the T3-OEM and 20 of the T3-6CT which exceeds your online stock indication.

~WRD255.jpg

The inventory numbers showing on the website are just a guideline, we have parts on the shelf awaiting final assembly & test as the orders come in. Normally we can crank out 100-200 pcs of most items in a week or less.

~WRD255.jpg

I believe I have found what I need to start working on the changes in the T3 CM5 project. I have installed the Keil compiler and can open the Tsat10-wifi project but it am getting a version mismatch error when I attempt to build the project (before making any changes). I cannot find any packages that match the version number you provide in the readme file. I am hoping you can provide me a bit more guidance

Thanks

Chris

~WRD255.jpg

Sounds like progress, I will ask the team to update the readme file. There’s a new CPU making its way into production now with a lot more resources which will allow some powerful new features. If I were getting up to speed on this project I would skip the original ARM project and jump to the upcoming ESP32 based series. It is in production now on the T3-Nano and will be appearing in more items in the next few months.

~WRD255.jpg

I have a T3-OEM that I was planning on using as a test platform. I assumed it was based on the ARM platform. Is there a part number I can check to verify this? Also, in my review of the code on GitHub I could not find any reference to the Tstat10 LCD in the ESP2 version.I have not gone to the trouble of looking at the T3000 build because I know the time frame I am going to need to meet for the 20 site field test will not allow me to make changes in both blocks of code that will allow it to be configurable although my plan was to implement something that could be in the future.

It is probably a bit premature to be discussing this but I assume you have a volume pricing structure and what plans do you have in place if the politicians decide to do some thing stupid and start a fight that could lead to embargos etc.

~WRD255.jpg

CPU Part Num: You can see the marking on the chip itself, on the T3-OEM it will be an ARM chip from ST or some close derivative.

Github: If you are getting into development, the ESP32 repo is definitely the place to be.

Not all devices have been ported over to the ESP32 yet.

You can order a T3-Nano now and we’re working on the T3-BB series now.

Then we’ll finally get to products with the LCD like the T3-OEM, should be onto this in a month or so.

https://github.com/temcocontrols/T3-programmable-controller-on-ESP32

Shipping: Our supply chain is pretty solid and we’ll have six months inventory in Canada soon as backup.

~WRD255.jpg

1 Like

Thanks for the info. It sounds like I am a little in front of where I would like to be using your products so I am going to change direction slightly. I had initially prototyped this subcomponent using your Tsta6 from Datanab/ICsquared however it did not take much research to determine that this was going to be a supply problem long term, which is what lead me to you. The T3-OEM ‘s form factor is also more in line with the expectations of the market I am targeting. With a minor change in the control basic coding the LCD and keypad on the T3 (while desired) will not be required for our next level of field test so I will move forward based on a non-LCD version. I apologize but I really don’t have the resources to redirect to modify your code (particularly with the base platform changing) and keep my project on track. If you would keep me informed regarding your progress on the ESP32 platform I would appreciate the updates so I can plan accordingly and potentially allocate programming resources.

Thanks again

Chris

~WRD255.jpg

Supply Issue: I believe the Isquared iStat6 is using a CPU from microchip and as you say they are suffering from the CPU shortage. Our T3-OEM uses a cpu from ST which is in terrible shape as well but we were lucky and found some alternate vendors for a near drop in replacement.

Display: As soon as we’re done with the basic porting to the ESP32 we’ll turn our attention to some LCD customization features. For now its pretty basic on what you can configure on the T3-OEM, you can change the name and the units of up to three items which are on the display full time. Using a multi-state variable you can get some limited text info going on but that’s about it. No alarms or user interaction with the buttons and messages yet but we’ll get there soon I trust.

~WRD255.jpg