Tstat10 Programmable Thermostat

Post here about items specific to the Tstat10. Questions about the programmable controllers in general can go in the T3000 software topic or wherever appropriate.

The Tstat10 is basically a programmable controller inside a thermostat enclosure. All the features of our T3-BB series programmable controllers are supported. You can program your own sequence of operations, create alarms, network with other controllers, show floor plan and system graphics. This product is a great performer at an excellent price.

Tstat10 Programmable Thermostat

Note: The display is partially configurable, you can set the engneering units, the text for SET, FAN and SYS can be customized as can the AUTO, FAN, HEAT COOL and so on for the modes. We’re working on adding custom messages and control over the icons from your programs over the coming weeks.

1 Like

I want to configure the thermostat but I can’t find where to do it

buy the Tstat10 few days ago, I connect RS485 to USB converter, and does not appear on any side configuration tables as shown in the following link.

when searching with the T3000, I find it as tstat10, but there is no way to change thermostat type like 2 heat and 2 cool, change PID or set scroll text

I can see that if they do the settings in dialog boxes that I do not have available. can you help me configure? It is my first contact with the products of this brand.

I am writing to you from Peru

The screenshots below are from the Tstat8, it’s a ‘configurable’ thermostat with canned logic. You can set them up for most projects by adjusting the settings. The Tstat10 on the other hand is a fully programmable thermostat, you can add your own logic for pretty much any application you will ever run into. There are a few examples on this forum, if you don’t see one that suits you just send on the IO list and I can do a starter program example for you.

1 Like

Hello Maurice,
Was there ever a sample program made for Tstat10? I have a simple 1 heat 1 cool application or I could likely figure out how to modify a 2 heat 2 cool program.
Thanks,
Alex

I made a 1H1C program based on a 2h2c program and a cooling program i found on the forum for my Tstat10.

Seems to function.

Not using the heating/cooling/auto screen button yet. Using a 1 degree deadband on both.

Any comments or suggestions?

Is there a reason or best practice explaining that I seen the PID start point for single stage cooling or heating start at 15 and have a 5 point difference with the stop point?

See below.
Thanks,

Alex

10 REM ********** COOLING ****************
20 IF PID1 > 15 THEN START COOL1
40 IF PID1 < 10 THEN STOP COOL1
60 REM ********** HEATING ****************
70 IF PID2 > 15 THEN START HEAT1
90 IF PID2 < 10 THEN STOP HEAT1
110 REM *************** SETPOINTS ***************
120 COOLSP = SETPT + COOLDB
130 HEATSP = SETPT - HEATDB
140 REM FAN
150 IF FANMODE = 1 THEN FAN = 1
160 IF FANMODE = 0 THEN FAN = 0
170 REM END OF PROGRAM

I saw in your other post there that you have managed to edit the program to 1 heat 1 cool. If you have more questions feel free to ask them here. I will be putting more time into the 2heat/2cool/1modulating stage example soon, there’s some important features still missing there.

Glad to hear the examples are useful. You can adjust the trip points for bringing on heat and cool as you like, just remember to keep a gap in between the stages and a gap between the on and off trip points. If the gap is larger it wont hurt either, the less gap you have the more chance there is for flickering of the stages and modes.

1 Like