T3-Nano: Contemporary BasControl22 connecting to T3-Nano

I guess capture everything for now.

Maurice Duteau

Should the T3-Nano defined VARIABLES show up as objects when doing BACnet scans? I’m pretty sure they have shown up in the past but are not showing up now.

Once you define the engineering units the vars will automatically show up as bacnet objects.

Maurice Duteau

Still stuck. Same problem, different symptoms since getting the RS-485 converter. All of the BACnet explorers have some difficulty recognizing various components except Yabe now.

Tell me if this MSTP wiring configuration needs adjustment:

The position of the resistors is not important in a small network like this.

Yabe and Wireshark are our default goto tools when debugging Bacnet communications. So Yabe on the RS485 cable can see all devices. How about over Ethernet, can Yabe see all the devices when connected to the Ethernet port of the Nano?

Maybe we should schedule a remote session with you and log in to help out, send an email and we’ll T this up.

Yabe recognizes everything over ethernet and MSTP and Wireshark shows traffic from/to each device.

Here is summary of the MSTP traffic I captured on Monday:

I’m not sure what to make of everything but the [Malformed Packet] count seems excessive.

(Also, I send a webform email about a remote session)

I was looking through Wireshark traffic this morning and I still don’t see a smoking gun. The malformed packet count still looks abnormal but I’m not informed enough to be sure.

Here’s the captures I saved:
BACnet IP –
UDP Port 47808.pcapng (46.3 KB)
BACnet MSTP –
MSTP.pcapng (1.4 MB)

Do you spot anything out of the ordinary?

Here’s the addressing for the system for reference:

The normal MSTP will not have the error code I marked with the red box when passing the token.
At present, you have connected four MSTP devices. Please try to connect these four devices to the MSTP bus of T3-Nano one by one, and find out which device caused the abnormal MSTP bus data after the connection.From the data packets captured by MSTP, it can be seen that some device is sending “FF” data from time to time, which leads to the poor communication of MSTP.

Looks like the relay was causing the malformed packets. Unfortunately, removing the relay from the network does not solve the other issues.

Looking through Wireshark captures, the ethernet traffic looks suspect. I don’t see where data is passed between the Nano and the controller.

04_12_Ethernet_.pcapng (2.8 MB)
04_12_MSTP.pcapng (724.0 KB)

The data from your latest MSTP appears to be normal.
No malformed packets appear.