T3_8AO6DO Analog input fluctuates

The NTC 10K sensors values fluctuating a lot.
The T3 is Bacnet connected.
Is there a solution to get more stable readings ?

In the T3000 program the readings are stable.

Have you experimented with the filter setting? The default of 5 is usually good enough but you can try some higher values. This will smooth out the readings, too large a value can make the readings sluggish.

Another thing to watch out for is the grounding, if there are any other powered devices such as controllers, transducers and actuators in your system make sure they are all sharing a good solid connection to GND which is in turn connected to earth at every cabinet and every power supply.

Re FILTER setting for Analog Inputs.
Description in manual is somewhat vague “number of samples that are averaged”.
Is the sample interval fixed? What is the time interval between samples?
I assume interval is fixed at a fraction of a second, and default Filter value 5 produces an average of the 5 samples within less than 1 sec. Please confirm
Maximum Filter value (255) appears to result in about 5 sec refresh rate - sound right?

The number is just a relative number without units. Larger means more samples are filtered so the trends will be smoother. Smaller number means the reading will respond quicker but the trend will be jaggier. The default of ‘5’ is a good compromise between response time and smooth readings.

More simple problems to solve please…

A) I am trying to set-up 2 different T3000 program files

1. for short test program code to try out different ideas, and check how various functions work
  2. for my real project.
    I want to be able to switch my single controller between these two programs. I seem to be stuck in my TEST programme and cannot get out of it, nor load the new project.
    (I hoped the New Project menu would load a new programming window - but it doesnt.)

I have made these as different “buildings” by setting up a new project in the building database, but dont seem to be able to switch between buildings.

Please explain how to do this,.

B) About the 16 (sub) programs in a project. Is it OK to use non-continuous program numbers - eg 1,2,3,10,15,16?
This would leave gaps to add new portions of code over time without destroying the main sequence.

C) Although I have recently updated my T3000 software but I do not have the option for offline working. Should I have this?

All these little things are gaps in the documentation which it seems is not being updated. Many formatting errors, notes etc

cheers

Brian Furness

Switching buildings: Just save one prog file for each project using file → save as-> (navigate to the project folder) then give the file and name like filename.prog.

Switching ‘buildings’ is more for when you have the building all programmed up already and controllers are online and you want to connect to one or the other project.

Program Orders: You can use any program in any order. The only rule you need to remember is to only program a particular output in ONE of the programs. If you try to apply logic and turn the output on in one program and do other things with that same output in another program you will run into problems.

Offline: Just right click anywhere in the right hand tree and go ‘add virtual device’, a new item will appear in the tree which is your virtual device. I would not use this feature for now, it can be confusing which controller you are using, online versus offline. Also virtual controllers don’t actually run the program, they just let you enter ins & outs, edit programs and so on. You cannot debug your logic while offline. Running logic offline is a feature on the roadmap but it will be a few months.