Restart the controller under program control

Good morning, lately I’ve been having problems with controller data recording. In fact, it often happens that multiple variables are frozen for a very long period of time. I wanted to ask if by chance there was a way to write code to ensure that when two or more reference variables are frozen, the program restarts automatically

Apologies for the slow reply, my emails were not getting through to the forum as they usually do.

Unfortunately we don’t have a reset command as you describe. Rather than adding it we should figure out what’s going on with your setup. If you care to dig into it more you could send us your program file and perhaps we can spot something there. Do make sure you have done the update and sorted out any infinite loops. They will show up here in the programs grid, the times should be under 10ms or so. If longer there may be gotos that loop back on themselves which is not good. Search this forum for ‘infinite loop’ for more info on that.

Also if there is any heavey polling going on in the system you can reduce the poll rate, or switch to a few commands using the block read and write functions rather than many smaller single register reads & writes.