Programming for Bacnet and Modbus Subnet devices

I replied too quickly earlier today, the subnet issues described above have all been fixed and working for some time. If there are outstanding issues after updating the firmware you can let me know.

I just bought the controller. Ir should have the newest firmware. Correct? But I also upgraded the firmware in both the controller and the T3000 software Just to be sure. I am fairly sure of one issue which is the bacnet mstp network ID. It is set to 0 which on every other system I have worked on means off. There is no way to reset it. It is greyed out.

I can get to the bus from Yabe.

I was going to just fix the firmware but I couldnt find the source. Only Hex file. Only a source for t3000 on Sourceforge. But it is from 2018. Nothing more recent. I couldnt find any firmware. Is it still Open Source? if so could you point me in the proper direction of send it to me and ill fix it.

Yes. Well a bacnet device is a bacnet device. It really shouldnt make a difference in discovery whether or not it is 3rd party or not. The tree should still build. You may not be able to program the 3rd party device but points should be hostable in the server.

ill check out the branch.

We have 3rd party bacnet devices showing up in the tree now and are working on making them more manageable through the T3000 interface. And vice versa, making our devices more manageable through other bacnet tools.

1 Like

Great!

Ill keep a lookout for it.

I tried the new firmware and still a no go on the bacnet devices.

I am getting both Bacnet and MODBUS devices working over MSTP. Channels are dedicated of course and I’ve been running at 115kbps on Modbus. Seems I have been able to connect at 38kbps and 115kbps on Bacnet.
I like to also test a device over USB/MSTP dongles often times first to see if they are showing themselves. They are migrating well from there into MSTP under IP connected controllers.

These have all be Temco controllers showing themselves under a Lead Temco IP connected controller, I have not tested generalized bacnet or modbus items so far.

I have a project where there are more than 10k Schneider SE8650 thermostats. They are on a couple of hundred controllers. The customer had a falling out with the company and want them completely out of their buildings. I can see the SE8650’s on the bacnet bus thru Yabe but they dont show up in the system tree. Ive used the T3_LB on a few jobs where I just used the onboard points and it worked well enough.
But time is running out and it looks like i will have to go with Schneider AS-B’s at 5 times the price. The good thing is that the AS_B’s use SVG graphics hosted in the controller itself. But then it is a lot more money.

Just let us know what features we need to work on and we’ll do it… SVG graphics on board? You got it.

Maurice Duteau

2 Likes

I downloaded and installed the new update for T-3000 and T3_LB but it didnt seem to fix the discovery issue with Bacnet devices.

A colleague is working on this (adding third-party equipment), and I believe we will have results soon

1 Like

Thanks Fance.
Im digging into it myself too.

T3 Bacnet Subnet discovery still dosent work…

We’re going to need a little more to work with than that.

For your reference, here is a t3-OEM Bacnet device set to MSTP and connected to a controller on the RS485 subnet. It looks fine under both T3000 user interface and as a quick check, the Yabe user interface.

1 Like

Yes, But it dosent seem to work for third party mstp devices. Only Your mstp devices.

This Honeywell Spider is on an RS485 / MSTP subnet. It shows as on the main network but its in fact connected to one of the T3-BB master controllers. Our team will have a look at fixing that soon.

Would be good if you can turn of third party mstp devices discovery on T3000. It is annoying to have additional 20 devices in device tree if you do not need them.

Sounds like your subnet MSTP devices are showing up, that’s great. We will make a note for a future rev to allow devices to be ignored.

2 Likes

We think you are saying is T3-Nano, our latest rev is 62.x. It is helpful for me if you describe more about the issue. Thanks.

Thru discovery of Bacnet devices via 3rd party sw on a T3-22i, SUBMSK_1…SUBMSK_4 and PROTOCOL do not communicate any data back in BACNet I/P protocol in Firmware Ver 5.0 or 5.1. The data value remains at zero instead of 255.255.255.0 as would be expected. All other data reads. Has this been resolved or is it a known issue?