Orion IoT Cloud Platform with BACnet io Controls

Features

• Custom ionware BACnet Function Nodes
  • BACnet Read to Analogue Inputs and Values
  • BACnet Write to Analogue and Digital Outputs
  • Set BACnet Type Inputs
  • Orion IoT Cloud MQTT Subscribe and Publish Nodes
  • Dashboard Controls

Setup and testing done using Temco T3E-886 Expansion Controller.

Orion Free IoT Cloud Plan - ionware.io

Orion Cloud Dashboard BACnet Controls

Orion BACnet io Blank 1a.json (12.2 KB)

hi
had you use the ibox-M with Temco T3E-886 Expansion Controller?
or can we just connect to the orion iot cloud without the ibox-M?

right now i don’t have the ibox-M but i bought the T3-OEM-W controller from temco
and i subscribed for two months in the orion cloud and received my serial and pin code number but i receive i massage: device could not be found. when i try to add a device.

Hi,
We are presently using the Temco T10-W Bacnet Controller with our iBox-M Server connected to our Orion Cloud Platform (OCP) using MQTT. for our latest commercial hydroponic project (details to be released soon.)

Our iBox-M comes complete with nodered T10 Bacnet Config flows …

Unfortunately we do not support other devices to connect to OCP.

You can contact us directly at info@ionware.io for a iBox-M special discounted quotation since you are a Temco client. :wink:

Hope this helps.

mark

Thanks for the answere.
So what i understood was ion cloud is a mqtt service and we should Take the data over modbus ip or bacnet iP then using mqtt node send it to ion cloud. Am i right?.
My problem right now its that the serial and pin numbers dont let me add devices.
Or does it mean that its only if you use ibox-M?

Thanks again

Hi,

So what i understood was ion cloud is a mqtt service and we should Take the data over modbus ip or bacnet iP then using mqtt node send it to ion cloud. Am i right?.

Yes.

My problem right now its that the serial and pin numbers dont let me add devices.

Did you ‘add’ and name a new Workspace in your account section?

Or does it mean that its only if you use ibox-M?

No. As follows …

As per the ionware website here

Non ionware.io Devices.

"Any Node-RED and MQTT capable device such as the Raspberry Pi and similar SBC devices should be compatible with the Orion Cloud Platform. Please email us for advice and support.* "

Obviously purchasing an iBox SDK saves time and money as it is practically plug and play and excellent value for such a high spec. unit … and if you then apply to become an iBox regional partner/distributor, you get the added benefit of partner discounts and Orion Subscription revenues.

Let us know how that goes and if you need further help.

m

mark thanks a lot
i got it up and running i defiantly I’m going with the ibox but first i need to test and learn in the orion iot cloud.

excellent news … glad to help.

Orion cloud is so intuitive and easy to use we don’t even have an instruction manual. :wink:

Out of curiosity, what router/server system are you using?

rpi/linux?

Also, we have just added sms text messaging option for your tco controller critical alerts.

enjoy.

mark

1 Like

mark how you doing?
i’m using raspberry pi4 by now.

one more question if i may:
i’ve been trying to use a switch in orion using downlink to send it to node red
using a mqtt out node but i can’t recive nothig
can you help me out
please mark
thanks
regards

Hi Gus,

Re. Pi4 … very good … thx.

Dashboard looks great … making excellent progress.
Top Tip: Use the meta Tabs feature to better organise your dashboard.

Re. Switch
No need to use downlink in orion … simply create a field that is Boolean in orion config …
then in your nodered, create an “mqtt in” node as follows eg. (SW_LED1) …

note the dtck/ of topic … not dtck-pub/ (publish) …

try that and let us know how it goes.

laters

m

hi mark
thanks a lot i make the test and works awesome, thanks a lot.
I barely received the T3 OEM controller.
so i was trying using BACnet in node red i was following your example and i use the T3 software bacnet tool for instance and the ip. but a can’t received any data in fact what i realize that the bacnet node when i use a second node reuse the same instance and ip .
do you know why?

with modbus ip works pretty awesome.

i appreciate your support.

hi Gus,

cheers for feedback and glad test worked.

answers as follows …

hi mark
thanks a lot i make the test and works awesome, thanks a lot.
I barely received the T3 OEM controller.
*so i was trying using BACnet in node red i was following your example and i use the T3 software bacnet tool for instance and the ip.

… but a can’t received any data

ANS: receive data from where … and to what? … Orion?, T3 (Yabe), your rpi device?

n fact what i realize that the bacnet node when i use a second node reuse the same instance and ip .
do you know why?

Not sure I understand this but there is a quirk with the nodered bacnet node that you cannot copy and paste a bn node … you must use a new bacnet instance for every node.

hths

m

hi mark sorry for the confusion and thanks for your answer: … you must use a new bacnet instance for every node. that help fix the problem thanks mark once again

but two more question
1 i have already change analog value to the t3 oem with bacnet node from node red
so theres three values to be set 0,1,2. but im using a switch so theres only two options to send this values, theres a way to use you know FAN OFF, FAN ON, FAN AUTO.?
2 unfourtonely i cant read with bacnet node any data i keep reciving ERROR TIME OUT in th debug panel in node red so im using modbus ip to read data and bacnet to write data, am i missing something?

thanks mark for all your support
regards

Hi Gus,

1. Try using an Orion Slider widget set to integer range 0 to 2 … 1 step …

and in nr …

This works perfectly for 0 (Fan Off) and 1 (Fan On) as shown on the T10 unit’s Display.

1. We are not receiving any BN time out errors with our setup. Perhaps uninstall your Bacnet nodered Node and reinstall again for a ‘clean’ install … since you may have errors from previously trying to copy and paste the bn nodes. Nodered can be a bit fussy that way.

Have a nice weekend!

m

A brief update …

Having recently upgraded to latest T10 firmware to v61.9.hex … there is now no bacnet Fan Mode (Binary_Value:2) point available. (It was previously available on version 60.6.)

This means it is not possible at present to remote control Fan Mode via bacnet.

cheers

m

mark thanks for the feedback and for the fan status works perfectly
i was doing some test using bacnet nodes in my facility using i-vu from carrier.
and my base line was your configuration and works as well.
just one question in ion cloud is it possible to add some rules in the images like
gif animation… you know when you hit start the fan starts spinning?
ionware is going to be my cloud definitely and with all your teachings I’ve seeing how easy it is to configure… thanks a lot mark, i appreciate that.

Hi Gus,

Many thanks for your kind words and positive feedback … much appreciated.

Re. Dynamic Dashboard Widget
So I guess more of a Button that you can switch as well? So it has a State (Gif animation start, stop) and an Action → When you click send Downlink (but state is not derived from click but rather from the actual state of the assigned field).

Is this what you would like?

cheers

mark

How can i do it with a state? As you said.
Feedback and then fan starts spinning.
That’s better.
I already download jpg. Format but doesn’t allows gif. Format
i would like to have dynamic animated graphics.

and the way you said it’s right with the feedback status to be real.

thanks mark