Bacnet COV

I have the T3-BB controller. How can I set COV increments for the bacnet points? When I use the bacnet tool and try to subscribe to a point, I get an error and request to replace with polling instead.

We dont have the COV bacnet features implemented yet. Its on the todo list for sure, hot item.

Ah ok, thanks. Any estimate on when it might happen? Great product for I/O, would be very useful if it had COV.

Also, is there a way to make the 128 user variables readable/writable bacnet points?

The upcoming ESP32 based products will have 500 variables which are all indeed read/write over bacnet.

The work on COV is under way now, hard to say when it will be done but it’s measured in weeks, not months.

~WRD255.jpg

1 Like

Any update on COV capability? I just installed another T3000 and updated it to the latest firmware, but I still don’t see any way to enable COV.

We have just implemented the COV function, it will be really appreciated if you could give us some feedback on the feature before we release this to the general firmware update system. Please send me an email at and I’ll send you the firmware to test.

If you do do COV, Please make sure that either 0 is off or preset it to 0.5. Otherwise they send huge amounts or useless data.

Update: The feature is implemented but not enabled for the moment. More news soon and thanks for the heads up about the potential for a data storm.