TStat10 Modbus registers accessibility

I have been looking but so far have not found the information I require regarding Modbus registers so I have the following questions:

1. How do we access readable Modbus registers from within code to make use of their values?

2. Is there a way to expose custom modbus registers to the network in order to provide additional data to the TStat10 or to expose arbitrary values for retrieval or update by another modbus device?

1 Like

Use the T3000 → tools → Modbus register viewer, there you can see all the register names, the data types and the current value.

Also you can see the database of all the registers under T3000 → tools → Modbus register DB.

All the Tstat10 registers are exposed on the RS485 network and if it has Wifi over the LAN. You can read & write to the registers, block read & write are also supported.

~WRD255.jpg

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

hello Maurice,

It is possible to read input registers (x3) with a t3-nano?

I see no reason why not…

Maurice

What would the syntax be like?

VAR1 = 107.40.MB_REG_FLOAT_ABCD34141 ?

Hello,
The T3-nano cannot read the registers on itself but a work around would be to read the registers from the nano into an external device and then read them BACK to the nano itself.
VAR1 = 107.40.MB_REG_FLOAT_ABCD34141
This syntax is OK.

Note to self: Add reading of modbus registers on the device itself.

1 Like

Would be very nice to be able to print the list of registers. I’m using DaqFactory to access the Tstat10 and it can’t access it while the Registers window is open… while the window is open it’s polling. Perhaps this is on purpose? Found the MDB file in the Programs folder… can’t open that with the usual suspects, only a hex editor… useless. You might also put this information in your datasheet, all it has is dot dot dot with no explanation as to where you have to go for this info… then when you hear from Customer Support you get told about the Forum… then you have to search the Forum… then you find (among a bunch of other threads) this thread. I know you guys seem to thrive on sparse documentation… what’s the dealie-oh?

The modbus communications takes place over TCP port 502 so any application needing that will have to wait till the port is free. This is a basic limitation of IP communications, not of our software in particular.

The MDB file can be opened by pretty much any software that supports the Microsoft access database format. I did a quick search and found this online tool to convert it to csv: https://anyconv.com/mdb-to-csv-converter/

Its also available as an excel spreadsheet but this version is not well maintained:

https://temcocontrols.com/ftp/software/03ModbusBacnetRegistersList.xls

Support:

Emails are always answered promptly but the forum is where I put the most effort to the replies so that others can learn from it.