TIME malfunction

Hi, after updating to MCU64.1 (Hardware version 5) the TIME variable shows a strange value like 00:23:45 and isn’t synchronized with the PC clock. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks, M

Hi again, after a bit of further digging: TIME is actually correctly maintained by the Tstat10. It is though only listed if the respective variable is set to “No Units”. Then TIME is given as described in the manual, e.g. “1335.30”
Assigning “Time” Units (Units number 50) to TIME in older MCU versions would result in formatting the time value to e.g. “13:35:30”. Now with MCU64.1 the hour part of the TIME value is always set to “00” … resulting in “00:35:30”. This obviously is leading to programming problems. Workaround now is to take the unformatted “No Units” real number for programming.

Thanks, M

1 Like

I am not sure waht you mean about your update but the best bet is to use teh firmware update system. And also be sure that you have updated your T3000 front end. Finally, if you are still seeing issues you can save the program and reload it to the controller. And if, still after that then you can send us your prog file and we’ll check it over, you can show a few screen shots or send the whole prog to us by email, any email you see on the ‘contacts’ page will work.

1 Like

Hi Maurice, Thanks for your answer.
All good, I’ll be using the number value like “1335.30” in TIME for future programming. Before with older firmware I could use the “13:35:30” in IF clauses.

Thanks, M

1 Like

You’re supposed to be able to do comparisons and logic based on the HH:MM:SS format in your programs. If that is not true then we’re going to have to fix it. Fandu is checking into this.

1 Like
  1. In the old MCU version, if the value of VAR1 is 1234, the time will be displayed as 00:12:34 when the range is time, that is, the actual 12*60 + 34 = 754 seconds. This is part of what customers like you are asking for.
  2. However, some customers require that the value of 1234 be displayed as a real second, which is converted to a time of 00:20:34. 1234 = 20 * 60 + 34. This is the final unified format.
    These two methods cannot be implemented at the same time, if you are using the first one, you can use no units. Thank you for your feedback.
1 Like

Fandu, will change it to match our documents which show it as HH:MM:SS, this is how it has been done in the beginning and how it should be doing going forward.

2 Likes