Input detection speed

I am having about a 2 second delay when testing my dry contact inputs. Basically if I don’t hold the button that I have hooked to the input on for two seconds the light will not go on and also my program does not execute. My program says an execution time of 8ms but it not reacting that fast at all. If i toggle the inputs in software it happens instantly. What am I missing?

Try updating the device firmware please. There’s a couple threads on this forum that goes into this in more detail. there’s a table showing the minimum pulse detection time for the various products. wire into one of the high speed inputs on a newer device for maximum performance.

Maurice

I’ll look for that. I have a T3-BB-32I, Is that a “newer device” or old? I’ve had it for quite a while.

You can check the advanced settings dialog. If it mentions “Asix” that’s an older device, “Arm” is the newer cpu. Also during the firmware update process you can see the file name, it will show Asix or Arm there as well.

Maurice

So I’ve updated my firmware and search the forum for detection time and found the table.Which after the firmware upgrade its not any faster although I have not tried the high speed inputs yet. It seems the normal inputs detect at 0.5 seconds which is fine for a push button. But you mention in that post that every program takes one second to execute? So if I understand you, the program is too slow to detect that 0.5 pulse? Also there seems to be only 6 hi-speed inputs. 27-32. I need 9 but with the program execution that slow it probably wont matter. I will have to add a turn off delay timer module to each of my buttons to give the T3 enough time to detect it the button push or do you guys have a faster controller?

I didn’t see it when I updated and could not find the advanced settings dialog but I looked at the “ProductPath.ini” file in the update folder and inside of it I found a reference to ASIX (35=T3_BB_LB_TB/MINI_ASIX_revison.TXT). So I’ve got an old one. So the ARM are faster? I asked because i’ll just get a newer one. I don’t need 32 I/O for this project. Just using it because I had it and wanna figure these out.

I just realized I can use a simple one-shot circuit (monostable multivibrator) on the inputs which should be relatively easy enough.

Below is are a couple links for the specs on the inputs, you can detect pulses as short as 0.01 second on the high speed inputs and 0.5 seconds on the normal UI’s. This is on the latest production using the ARM CPU so if you have an Asix it will be slower. If you would like to upgrade your Asix you can order a module in the webstore at the link below and swap the Asix out yourself. The price seems high from the chip shortage days, will get that fixed asap.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try the upgraded chip.