E-mail alarm status

Is there a way to e-mail an alarm status? Example temp sensor drops below 30f, send an e-mail alarm.

1 Like

We’ve been working on the emails for alarms last week, should have something to show next week. You’ll need to update the firmware and the T3000 front end. Will post an update soon.
Thanks for checking in with the forum mb.
MD

1 Like

Kudos to MD, Chelsea and Fan for their work in this. It will make the T3 even more competitive. I am really looking forward to see how you’ve implemented it.

1 Like

Did this ever get resolved and implemented?

1 Like

we have done it but still need to test and tweak it for a week or two.

1 Like

Has anyone implemented this yet?

Yes, I have bumped it with the team here.

2 Likes

Updates? I see there is some stuff in recent T3000 in the config tabs for email, but haven’t really heard much otherwise.

Sorry 'bout this Jim, its high on the todo list but need to clear up a few things first and waiting for one developer to get back from maternity leave. Keep the pressure on us but give it a few weeks.

Ditto to Jim’s comments. I really hope it’s impended in such a way that the user can opt for only some alarms generate an email

Another bump. This functionality is a large part of the reason I became interested in the controller. It’s been ‘a week away’ for what looks like a few years now…

I hear you loud & clear. Time to get this feature done finally.

1 Like

Yes please, this is a me too.

1 Like

Another Bump Up to put this up on the TO DO list.
If we can’t email Alarms, is there a way we can have the controller report them to a PC via the T3000 Software, sort of an Alarm Receiver type of deal.
Once they “Alarms” are on the PC we can set something up to query this and email or what ever with that info?

I hear you loud & clear, its an important feature and we need to roll it out asap. Definitely we could offload some chores to the PC though that would mean leaving it on all the time. That would be a temporary stopgap and is worth a look. We’ll put a push on this and report back soon.

~WRD255.jpg

1 Like

Another Bump Up to put on the List of thing to get done.
I mean I think they way your software is implemented, it would appear the expectation is to install T3000 on a PC/Laptop/Raspberry PI and leave it at one of the sites running all the time. That is the point of graphics right, so the local tech can just move the mouse around and see the site data.
Why couldn’t that T3000 offload some of the work from the Controllers as far as email or Alarm reporting goes?
Just throwing some ideas out there is all.

1 Like

That is a good idea. Siemens Desigo and Tridium both base that function on the server, not the field device. I do not think it would be out of line to require a PC be online to receive e-mail alarms.

1 Like

Chelsea is on this… finally. The feature was there but just not tested out. Should have good news soon.

2 Likes

Hi,
Not working as of V63.2
I just tried it out.
I have many other systems using a well established email service, so I know it isn’t the server side not working.

Seems like a really easy one to get off the list, but maybe I am just oversimplifying it.

Jim.

1 Like

Chelsea is on it. SSL is the small hurdle we’re working through.

Maurice

2 Likes