Detecting an offline Controller

Is there a status flag for detecting when communications go down? Or dirty data flag? Something so the we can tell when there are no updates happening with network data.

Would prefer something that doesn’t rely on updating a bit or tracking differential in panel time etc

Ideas?

I guess you want to detect one controller from another controller and do some programming based on that, I can add this to our list. There is an alarm generated by the controller when other controllers go offline, I will have to ask my crew about the details of that.

Important Note: It is good practice to have key IO wired to a single controller so that a network outage doesn’t create havoc. If you do rely on the network for critical info make sure to have logic that lets the system degrade gracefully.

There is a command called power-loss, it evaluates to TRUE (1) on the first time the program runs it, after that it evaluates to FALSE (0). I have to confess we haven’t tested out this command on the latest hardware, we’ll get it working.

Agreed regarding keeping loops on the same boards. However even if you don’t have points spread across panels it is important to know when devices disappear and go offline.

Power Loss feature is nearly done, will push it out later today. You will need to update the firmware, trust you are familiar with it but here’s the steps for others.