Hi everyone,
I’m setting up the BACnet Instance Number so the user can enter it dynamically, instead of hardcoding it in the script.
This works fine when I use a fixed number:
10 VAR2 = 421AI5
But I need that “421” to be the value the user enters into VAR1, something like:
20 VAR3 = VAR1AI5
This line doesn’t throw an error, but it doesn’t work as expected either (it doesn’t take VAR1’s value as part of the object name).
Is there a way to concatenate or build the object name dynamically from a variable? Some kind of indirection function for this case?
Thanks in advance.
maurice
2
After a bit of AI assisted research I see that Kreuter has done a special command:
Var3 = ALIAS(device, object).
This is not really intuitive to me, how about:
Var3 = READNET(Panel_ID, Point_ID)
chelsea
3
We currently do not have such a method. To access the bacnet object, you need to specify the instance.Just like 10 VAR2 = 421AI5
maurice
4
I will push the team to do a new command:
Var3 = READNET(Panel_ID, Point_ID)
Both Panel and Point IDs can be variables.