T3 Nano as Modbus Rtu to Modbus TCP/IP and BACnet mstp to BACnet IP

Hi Maurice,

I am new to Temco controls,I have brought one T3 Nano and T3 -TB to test.

I was searching for some training material but I could not find the same.

Can you share any documents for the same.

1.Integrate third party power meter via Modbus rtu and share data over Modbus TCP/IP.

2.Integrate third party power meter via Modbus rtu and share data over Bacnet TCP/IP.

3.Integrate third party VAV via BACnet mstp and share data over BACnet TCP/IP.

4.Integrate third party VAV via BACnet mstp and share data over Modbus Rtu.

5.Integrate third party PM via Modbus TCP/IP and share data over BACnet TCP/IP.

6.T3 Nano as a BACnet Router.

This forum post shows the general idea for all the above scenarios where you will use the data on board the controller for programming, floor plans, trend logging and so on.

There are a few things we need to document better which is the ‘transparent’ networking functions.

For Modbus RTU to Modbus IP gateway type applications, the T3 controllers can transparently pass traffic without any programming at all.

For Bacnet MSTP to IP traffic this can also happen transparently without any programming at all as well. You can refer to the instance number and Bacnet object of any device in the network, Bacnet will automatically handle the routing to/from IP and RS485 if applicable.

The T3 Nano has all the communications features of the larger T3-BB series controllers so any routing or gateway features mentioned in our documentation applies to the Nano just as much as the other programmable controllers.

Thank you Maurice,

I was able to configure it as per instructions it works fine without any issue.

@maurice … i am new to Temco…
Wish to add a question on this post.
Can T3-Nano be programmed to perform below?

1. RS485 (Main) - to be Modbus Master to read readings from device A
  2. RS485 (Sub) - to be Modbus Slave to transfer readings read from device A to BMS
  3. Ethernet - to be Modbus Slave to transfer readings read from device A to device B.

Thanks.

Yes to all of the above. There are no practical limitations to the number of points you can route from one network to the other. All routing and protocol scenarios are supported. Most routing is transparent but some such as translating from Modbus to Bacnet or vice versa you’ll need a little program to poll and set a VAR on the controller. If you run into something we didnt cover just send us a note and we’ll get it on the todo list.

Here’s an example we prepared for showing off pretty much all the possible routing scenarios: Network Programming Overview