High frequency pulse counter troubleshooting

Function code 16 - Write Multiple Holding Registers
It writes a batch of registers in one frame.

I know we have write multiple on some products, will get the team to implement it on the T3-XB series as well.

Dear Maurice,

Unfortunately my workaround with switching of input to Manual mode and then to clear it value doesn’t work. On the latest firmware (50.1) after switching back to Auto mode from Manual the old value of counter get back. So I have no chance to reset counter value.

Maurice,

If I change the mode to Manual in T3000 and then place there 0 it still 0 after change to Auto again. But when I do the same by following registers:
Input #32
1 => 7899 (change to Manual mode)
0 => 7546 (write 0 in the register)
0 => 7899 (change to Auto mode)

Register viewer doesn’t help me in this task since there are 0 (as value) on all strings after line 60. So I cannot find what change is made by T3000 when I do something in UI.

We have updated the firmware so that you can set the counters to mannual and then write 0 to the counters which will zero them out. After setting to manual for the reset, return them to the auto mode and they will increment as usual.

Please update latest firmware mini_arm_rev50.1_12.9.hex, I loaded it today.

Dear Chelsea,

Thanks! It works.

Hi. I’m looking to do a counter reset using a T3-8o over bacnet. Can this be done? I seem to be stumbling here.

Hope I understand your question correctly, the T3-8o is a slave device without any of the programming features of the T3-BB series. For each input it holds a number in memory for the value of all the inputs. These values are available for reading over Bacnet AI’s and Modbus registers. If you want to reset the value just write to the relevant Bacnet AI or Modbus register and it will continue counting from there.

When i force a bacnet write, the read value will flash to my write value, but then will pick up where it left off on the next pulse…71 in this case.

Try writing from the T3000 front end first and report back please.

Hi @maurice have you implement this Modbus function 16 on the T3-XB? Recently, I have a project to display average temperature & RH reading (from a few sensors) on a LED display (through Modbus RTU function 16 - Preset multiple holding registers).

I believe we have function 16 working but we have not tested the maximum number of registers in a single command.

Function Code

Description

Supported

Maximum # of coils / registers Per Request

Temco IO Device

Modbus Standard Limit

Read Coil Status

Yes

Read Input Status

Yes

Read Holding Registers

Yes